Members can enjoy our open water swimming lane off the Main Beach from 7am until 9pm.
Rules and Regulations
This is an unsupervised activity with no lifeguard on duty, use of the facility is at your own risk.
By using the open water swim lane, you recognise that engaging in open water swimming and using this facility includes an inherent risk. Such risks include the possibility of personal injury and loss of life. By choosing to use this facility you accept and take full responsibility for the risks involved. In doing so you agree to release, waive and discharge The Club and all its representatives from any and all claims of liability including injury, illness, death, costs and damages that may occur as a result of using this facility.
- All Members/Guests who wish to use the open water swim lane must complete a disclaimer at the Health Complex Reception and agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined within the disclaimer
- Juniors under 18 years of age may use the open water swim lane provided that a parent has signed a disclaimer on their behalf and accepts full responsibility of the Junior's wellbeing
- Juniors under 14 years of age must be accompanied and supervised at all times
- All users must be competent swimmers, capable of swimming 300m continuously and unaided in open water conditions
- Red flags displayed in the area indicates that the open water swim lane is closed and must not be used
- The open water swim lane is open from 7am until 9pm. Juniors are not permitted to use the facility after daylight hours. These times may be altered without notice at Management's discretion. Swimmers who choose to use the facility outside daylight do so entirely at their own risk
- If you observe any unusual or significant hazards during your participation, you must remove yourself from the area immediately and report the hazard to Health Complex Reception
- Any Member found using the open water swim lane without completing the disclaimer will be required to vacate the area and subject to disciplinary action